Thursday, June 23, 2005

We're taking bets that something needs to be done...

Yesterday I observed something which I cannot believe happened. As I was sitting at a restaurant I was watching a little girl(Not much older than 5) have lunch with her mother. It was not in a stalking way, but rather they were kind of in my line of sight. The restaurant was not very big so I could hear their entire conversation. I could tell the little girl was a handful especially after she yelled out "What's that funny smell?!?" and grabbed her nose.

Now this mother was very patient with her child and I commend her for that. It is what happened next that I was flabbergasted by. The girl told her mother that her fork was on the floor. She then proceeded to take her fork off of the table and drop it on the floor. I couldn't even believe it. The girl then went under the table and picked up her fork. The mother didn't even react at all. Once the daughter came up from the table she wiped off the fork and gave it back to her.

I know that some kids are just looking for a reaction and to give them one will only make it worse. As for me I think there would have been four options.

A. Do Nothing.
B. Leave the restaurant with you child and tell them that you will not go out to restaurants again until they behave like a proper human being.
C. Tell your child that they have to now ask the waiter themselves for a new fork and apologize for dropping the first fork on the floor. If they refuse they will only be able to use a spoon for everything they are eating.
D. After cleaning off the fork, telling them to stick out their hand. Then stab their hand with the fork. You have cleaned off the fork so you can avoid tetanus. I am pretty sure they wouldn't do it again after that.

Does anyone have any other suggestions? Remember this site is supposed to be funny so if you are appalled by my suggestions you need to get a grip.

7 comments:

Duke_of_Earle said...

I was going to say I'd accept either B, C, or D, in any order. Then I realized there IS no D, but there are TWO Bs. (Two Bs, or not 2 bees?)

I know I'm sometimes alphabetically challenged, but now I'm so confused I don't know which option I'd pick.

John

GMadrid said...

Oops. My mistake.

Anonymous said...

I would definitely stab them with the fork. In the eye. Repeatedly. Possibly while screaming "SPOOOON!" like the Tick, but I'm not 100% sure.

Then again, there's a reason why I don't have kids.

Robness

Nai said...

Robness,

Very funny, I can go along with any scenario that involves a Tick reference.

For me, I would have sold the child into servitude at the restaraunt. The kid obviously enjoys working with table settings. Not a bad trader for a lifetime of free sushi.

Ian

Anonymous said...

You COULD heat the fork up in the pu pu platter first, and then stab her....then you'd get a cool sizzling noise AND the smell in the restaraunt would be justified.

Anonymous said...

I would have stabbed them with the fork. Kids are too spoiled these days.

Anonymous said...

What a great site
Us Travel travel services all inclusive vacation Rochester ny kitchen cabnets designer by meridian