Thursday, June 30, 2005

We're taking bets that it was H-O-T...

The last pieces of Bernie's H-O-T is being torn down in Springfield. Those of you that do not know Bernie's H-O-T(House of Television) it was a fun landmark in the city. They had a huge neon sign that flashed H-O-T. Often the T was out so it just said H-O which is always fun to see on a big neon sign. It is a shame that many landmarks that are not really historic, but always remind you of an area get torn down. I am sure this happens all over the United States. The local Tasty Freeze gets torn down for a Wal-Mart. I am glad to say I bought a TV at Bernie's H-O-T. Well actually Kathi bought it and while she got the ring I got the TV in the break-up. Still have it to this day. Thanks Bernie's H-O-T.

2 comments:

Liz said...

Greg, I have watched the H.O.T. demolition taking place and am sad everytime I drive by. It is the end of an era, and Teri and I bought a TV from there as well as our washing machine - The last momentos of a fun building.

death commish said...

Let's see...what have I bought at the good ol' HOT. Got my first cell phone, a VCR, and my stereo at HOT before it changed to Bernie's, and got a TV and washer after the name change. Except for the cell phone, I've still got 'em all too.