Friday, June 24, 2005

We're taking bets that you have questions and we have answers...

Question time again at the WTBT Offices. Please post your answers in the comments section. Very simple, but fun questions this week. For everyone enjoying the hot weather in New England this weekend please remember the sunscreen. Especially my pasty friends who should invest in some Sherman Williams to prevent burning. :)

A. Many restaurants are now coming up with Celebrity Sandwiches. Basically they are taking things on their menu and naming them after celebrities to be hip. If you could have a sandwich named after you what would it be. You can make up your own or steal an existing one.

B. With summer now in full swing what are your five favorite summer songs. They do not have to be songs about summer, but songs that at least remind you of summer.

Answers:

A. I think that I would be smoked turkey with fresh mozzarella, sundried tomatoes, basil, sliced jalepenos and honey mustard. You could call it the Madrid. Doesn't it make your mouth water.

B.
1. Summertime by Will Smith
2. I Can See Clearly Now by Jimmy Cliff
3. Every Morning by Sugar Ray
4. Summer of '69 by Bryan Adams
5. Centerfield by John Fogarty

4 comments:

P McT said...

Mine would be jerk chicken (real jerk chicken, not the crap most resuarants try to serve)with shredded cabbage, tomato, and very thinkly sliced red onion, served on jamaican coco bread with some smokey BBQ sauce on the side. It would be called the Paschion Lovebird and it would be great!!

2)
Turn you lights down low - Bob Marley
Wait (the whisper song - Ying Yang Twins
One thing - Amerie
Freak of the week - Little Vicious and Doug E Fresh
Keep on moving - Soul 2 Soul

Liz said...

I would be a turkey ruben minuse swiss, plus jack cheese with dijon mustard on the side! I have this thing for mustard these days...I would call it the Lizben (who is Rue anyway!)

The song thing is tough...(I am horrible at remembering bands names)
-Schools out for summer
-Stars and Stripes Forever (Sousa)
-that one by Sheryl Crow that I hate but mentions 'summer'
-You Are My Sunshine (reminds me of camp)

That's all I got. Enjoy the heatwave!

Nai said...

This is a hard one. I want to take French Dip and make it my own, but that is actually named after a cop ( Officer French) who, while walking his beat, would order a Hot Roast beef sammich with drippings on the side to dip in it. The vendor named the sammich a French dip. I wouldn't want to steal his thunder or open myself up to the stigma of having dip in the title.

As for the songs (in no particular order):
1. Stay (Wasting Time) - Dave Matthews Band
2. Least Complicated - Indigo Girls
3. Summer of '69 - Bryan Adams
4. Steal My Sunshine - Len
5. Summertime - Will Smith

Only two of these songs I really like (ok maybe three) but for whatever reason, they are all associated with summer.

Nai

Anonymous said...

1. Mine would be Grilled Chicken, iceberg lettuce, cucumbers, and green peppers with a little bit of honey mustard dressing. You could call it the D-Money (get it, cause I'm Danielle, and it's green, and that's what PMcT calls me anyways... *sigh*)

2. "Dirty" - Christina Aguilera
"Dizzy" - Goo Goo Dolls
"Every Morning" - Sugar Ray
"Steal my Sunshine" - Len
"The Bad Touch" - The Bloodhound Gang